It’s Autumn, it’s Blackberry season. We clearly went blackberry picking.
This season we were staying on the drive of family so we were excited to get a crumble on as a rare treat.
If we are in the van we usually make blackberry pancakes which is just as delicious!
- We talked about seasons.
- We talked about what plants need to grow.
- We talked about natural dyes.
- We talked about what birds, insects and foxes eat.
- We talked about poisonous plants and berries.
- We talked about food hygiene.
- We talked about jam, sugar and ways of preserving food.
- We ran about like crazy blackberry fiends and rolled down the hill.
- We piled up towers of cut grass, built grass chairs and grass houses.
- We left food gifts for the wildlife (and the fairies).
- When we got home we drew pictures of ourselves blackberry picking and told a story about it.